Saturday 11 June 2016

Singals (Indian Pancakes)

Singals (Indian Pancakes)


If you are a kumaoni ,poojas(Prayers) at home can never be completed without this sweet dish.It is Indian Pancake having a spiral shape like of a Jalebi(again a popular Indian sweet dish). When I got married it was like, am Big Zero in cooking!! and to make a Singal is a craft!! ha..ha..For few early years of my marriage I was totally dependent on my Mom in Law!! -- A Great Cook for all kumaoni dishes.When my husband has to move to this new place for work....I with kids also move, so you see
....Phew!!Children love Singal and husband too!!
So I decided to be on my own!!First few attempts were total failure.. some times the sugar content was less sometimes moyan(Cow Ghee) was more and when cooked in oil it spread and sometimes shape was shapeless(never a spiral).but my constant attempt to make Singals finally paid.Now I can cook them nicely though my endeavor to cook them like my Mom in Law is a distant dream!!

Ingredients


1.Samolina 500 gms
2. Rice Flour 100 gms
3.1 Cup Curd
4. Cold Milk 1 Cup
5. Cow Ghee 3 teaspoon
6. Cardamom Powder
7. Chirongi or charoli(Optional)
8. Oil
9. Sugar 1 cup

Prepation


Mix Samolina,Rice Flour with Milk and keep it for 30-45 mins.Add Curd, Sugar, cardamom powder,chirongi,Ghee. Stir it well till it swell.Take and fold the mixture in palm and give it a spiral shape on a preheated oil pan. cook it in low heat till they are golden brown. 



Hope this will be help to new bahus(brides) in kumaoni house!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment